As used in this Policy, the terms listed below have the following meanings:
- Customer – A “Customer” is anyone who uses GenVoice services. When a Customer subscribes, purchasing services for use by others, those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
- User – A “User” is anyone who visits our websites.
- Personal Information – “Personal Information” is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Examples include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, ID, credit card number (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) and/or PayPal account.
- Website – “Website” means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, laptop, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website for other similar terms such as “Internet site,” “site,” and “web page.”
What We Collect
We collect a variety of Personal information about Customers and Users in order to ensure an enjoyable user experience and seamless communications.
When you create a GenVoice account, you provide us with Personal Information such as your name, email address, phone number, password, and payment method, such as a valid credit card (including proper billing information) or PayPal account.
When you interact with the Service, we automatically receive and record information that we then use to provide the Service.
Device and Session Information: We collect information about your browser or device, which may include your IP address, device IDs, or other unique identifiers, cookie information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Service, and the page or feature you requested. We use this data to customize your experience with our Service, based on your usage patterns. We also use it to improve the Service – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Service, and we can use that knowledge to make decisions about future development focus. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
Telephony Information: We maintain customer call records such as time, duration, and the number of the called party. Like all telephony services, we also maintain temporary copies of call audio for up to 24 hours for quality assurance.
How We Use Personal Information
In general, GenVoice uses personal information to serve our existing and prospective customers and to enhance and extend our customer relationships.
The main ways that we use the Personal Information that you provide to us or that we collect when you use the Service are to:
- deliver the Service, including placing and receiving voice calls, providing recordings, transcriptions, and organizing your contacts;
- manage your billing, to provide services or complete transactions you have requested;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud and violations of our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.
GenVoice may communicate to you through telemarketing and direct mail to inform you about GenVoice services we think will interest you. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications you can choose at any time not to continue receiving them by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although you may choose not to receive marketing information from us, you will continue to receive invoices, customer service-related notifications and other information, related to each service you purchase or subscribe to, from us electronically or otherwise.
Periodically, you may be able to participate in our surveys to help us improve our services. Any personal information collected from you in a survey will ONLY be used internally by GenVoice and in accordance with this Policy.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to anyone for any purpose, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
GenVoice may disclose your personal information if you consent to the disclosure in advance. Depending on the service, we may obtain your consent in writing or verbally.
GenVoice reserves the right to release personal information without your consent when we believe release is appropriate to do one of the following:
- Comply with the law (e.g., lawful subpoena or court order);
- Enforce or apply our agreements to sell or provide services to you;
- Bill and collect for services; or
- Protect our rights or property (e.g., to address allegations about fraudulent or unlawful activity on a GenVoice account).
We may share your personal data between our business affiliates where it is necessary to perform the services provided to you.
In order to verify payment methods and prevent fraud, GenVoice verifies personal information, including payment information, with payment providers and fraud prevention services. If at any time you apply for a credit with us, we may perform a credit inquiry with credit reporting agencies, and such inquiry may be noted on your credit record. We may use automated decision making systems to verify payment methods, assess creditworthiness, or prevent fraud, and we may contact you requesting additional information when needed.
We may share your personal information with Third Parties only as necessary to complete a transaction or perform a service that you have requested, or to support the technical operation and maintenance of our services and of our website. We require those Third Parties to protect any personal information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy.
We do not provide personal information to Third Parties for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent.
Use of Cookie
Cookies allow us to do the following:
- Complete transactions you have requested;
- Collect information to determine which services and sections of our website are most and least popular;
- Personalize our website and make recommendations to you based on services you have used in the past; and
- Improve the ease of use of our website, sometimes in conjunction with web beacons.
We also use a session-based cookie to maintain continuity of navigation for you when viewing our website during a particular on-line session. After closing the browser, the session cookie simply terminates; it is not stored on your computer’s hard drive thereafter.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you may contact us by email email@example.com.